GSTR 6 Offline Tool
Who should fill GST GSTR 6 form?
ISD: Input Service Distributor is required to furnish credit details on invoices and file return on 13th of Next month.
Note: GSTR 6 due date from July 2017 to June 2018 is extended to 31st of July, 2018
PLEASE KEEP THE WIDTH OF THE LINES BELOW WITHIN 100 CHARACTERS.
MOST RECENT CHANGE AT THE TOP.
– Preparation of GSTR 6 amendments details and generation of json file to upload these details on GST portal.
– Fix the POS value issue for “Other Territory” case. Now, POS will be “97” instead of “98”.
– “Runtime Error 13” has been fixed.
– Comment has been modified in case of invoice number length is more than 16 digits
Now it will come as Invoice number should be less than 17 characters and can contain ‘/’ or/and ‘-‘.
– Delete action has been added under “actions” column for receiver uploaded invoices.
– Preparation GSTR-6 return data and Generation of JSON file for upload of data on GST Portal.
– Correction of downloaded GSTR-6 error file and regeneration of JSON file in offline tool.
In case of error(s) in the GSTR-6 data uploaded, GST Portal will generate an error file (in .Zip format)
Introduction to Excel Based GSTR-6 Offline Tool
1. The Excel-based GSTR-6 Offline Tool is designed to help taxpayer to prepare his GSTR-6 return offline
2. Details for following Tables of GSTR-6 return can be added by the taxpayer using the offline Tool
3. ITC received
5,8 Distribution of ITC
6A ITC received (B2BA)
9 Amendment to the distribution of ITC
3. The Offline tool has following features to help taxpayer in Return Preparation
a. ‘Open Downloaded GSTR6 JSON File’: To import records from downloaded JSON file. The details would be populated to the respective table wise worksheets.
b. ‘Generate JSON File to Upload’: To generate JSON file for upload of GSTR-6 return details prepared offline on GST portal. ‘Get Summary’: To generate aggregate summary of every sheet.
d. After filling in the GSTIN of supplier, POS, Supply Type and Amount paid, the tool will calculate IGST or CGST & SGST
e. ‘Validate Sheet’: To Validate the data entered in respective worksheet of this offline Tool. Successful validation is notified to Taxpayer via pop-up while on failure of validation the cells that fail validation would be marked in Red.
f. ‘Action’ : User can select ‘Accepted’, ‘Rejected’, ‘Modified’, ‘Pending’, ‘Add’ or “Delete’
g. ‘Summary’: Summary of data entered in various worksheets is available on ‘Home’ worksheet
4. The high-level process flow for GSTR-6 return preparation is as follows:
a. Validate the details populated in each sheet using ‘validate’ button
b. Generate Json using ‘Generate JSON File to Upload’ option
c. Upload the generated JSON on GST Portal. Preview the details uploaded and File return on the GST portal
d. Open saved version (Yes/No):- If you select ‘No’ option then previously saved data not visible and if you select ‘Yes’ then saved data will be available in the respective worksheets.
For Issues with Persistent Comments In Cells
1. If the comments in cells are persistent then the following steps are to be followed:
a. Go to File -> Options
b. Select Advanced from the options pane in the left.
c. Here go to “Display” tab.
d. In the options for “For cells with comments, show”, select “Indicators only, and comments on hover”.
Related Articles :