GST Portal Search & Verfication Tools
GST Official video on Track GST Application Status online
GST Official Video Guide on Check GST Payment status
Introduction GSTIN (GST Number)
What is GSTIN?
GSTIN refers to Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GST Number) assigned to every GST registered dealers for eg. Regular Taxpayers, Composition Dealers, E-Commerce Operator, Input Service Distributor, Casual Taxpayers, Non-Resident Taxpayer person.
GSTIN is a 15 Digits unique code that has been issued/allotted to the every taxpayers covered under GST.
Format of your GSTIN Number :
- The First two digits of GSTIN is your State Code.
- The Next Ten digit of GSTIN is PAN Number of the Business entity/proprietor.
- Thirteen digit of your GSTIN is based on the number of registration done by the business entity code within a state.
- Fourteen digit of your GSTIN number is Z by default.
- And The last digit of your GSTIN checksum code is Alphabetical (A-Z) either Numeric(0-9).
Step-By-Step guidelines for obtaining your GSTIN :
Obtaining GSTIN (GST Number) and Registering for GST is free of cost.
step 1: Login GST Portal.
Step 2: Click on Search Taxpayer => Search by GSTIN/UIN on the Homepage.
Step 3: Enter the GST Number of the taxpayer in the box and then, click on Search Button.
- If the GSTIN is Correct. you can see the full information of the taxpayers.
- If the GSTIN is Incorrect .An Error message will be displayed on your screen.
If the GSTIN is correct, the details that can be verified here are-
- Legal name of business
- Date of registration
- Construction of business – company.