In this article we will discuss how to claim GST refund for excess payment of GST. If you’ve mistakenly pay excess GST the excess amount can be claim as a refund.
The excess balance of GST payment which is reflect in your electronic cash ledger can be claimed by filing GST RFD – 01 on GST Portal. Learn how to file RFD – 01.
How to file GST RFD – 01 for GST Refund
Follow the below steps to file RFD – 01 on GST Portal :
Step 1 : Go to gst.gov.in (GST Portal).
Step 2 : In Menu click on Services to Refund to Application for Refund.
Step 3 : Now select the refund of excess balance in electronic cash ledger option and click on create button.
Step 4 : Now you will see two table first is for “Electronic cash ledger balances” and second table is for refund claim for above balance cash. You need to enter the refund values for claim the refund less than or equal to cash balance.
- The amount claimed is subject to recovery of dues (if any) by the department. You are advised to discharge the liabilities at the earliest.
- Enter the Amount of Refund ( <=amount in the Cash Ledger) to be claimed in the above table.
Step 5 : Select your bank account on which you want the refund to be credited and click on save button.
Note: In case you seek to change the preference of the bank account which is not appearing in the drop down list, please add bank account by filing non-core amendment of registration form. Disbursement of a refund amount will be credited to the selected account here.
Step 6 : click on checkbox button and submit the file with DSC or EVC.
Note : DSC is mandatory for Pvt. ltd. company and LLP.
- Once you fill the details in relevant Tables, Please save the form to proceed to Submit. Please correct any errors occured during save before proceeding to submit.
- The Electronic Cash ledger balance visible here is your current balance.
- Application can be saved at any stage of completion for a maximum time period of 15 days. If the same is not submitted within 15 days from the date of form creation, the saved draft will be purged from the GST database.
Frequently asked question on GST Refund :
Question : What is the maximum time limit to claim refund of excess GST paid?
Answer : Taxpayers can claim GST refund within 2 years from the relevant date.
Question : What is the minimum threshold limit for GST refund?
Answer : under section 54 (14) of the CGST/SGST Act amount of GST refund should not be less than 1,000 rupees.
News related to GST refund :
More Articles on GST :