Updated CGST Rules as on 07/03/2018
Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017
Notified vide Notification No. 3 /2017-Central Tax (Dated 19th June 2017) and further as amended by Notification No. 7/2017-Central Tax (Dated 27th June 2017), Notification No. 10/2017-Central Tax (Dated 28th June 2017), Notification No. 15/2017-Central Tax (Dated 1st July 2017), Notification No. 17/2017-Central Tax (Dated 27th July 2017), Notification No. 22/2017-Central Tax (Dated 17th August 2017), Notification No. 27/2017-Central Tax (Dated 30th August 2017), Notification No. 34/2017-Central Tax (Dated 15th September 2017), Notification No. 36/2017-Central Tax (Dated 29th September 2017), Notification No. 45/2017-Central Tax (Dated 13th October 2017), Notification No. 47/2017-Central Tax (Dated 18th October, 2017), Notification No. 51/2017-Central Tax (Dated 28th October, 2017), Notification No. 55/2017-Central Tax (Dated 15th November, 2017), Notification No. 70/2017-Central Tax (Dated 21st December, 2017) , Notification No. 75/2017-Central Tax (Dated 29th December, 2017), Notification No.03/2018 – Central Tax (Dated 23rd January, 2018) and Notification No. 12/2018 – Central Tax (Dated 07th March, 2018)
Note: This updated version of the Rules as amended upto 7th March, 2018 has been prepared for convenience and easy reference of the trade and industry and has no legal binding or force. Notifications as published in the official Gazette of the Government of India only have the force of law.
(As on 07.03.2018)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise and Customs
CHAPTER I - PRELIMINARY
- Short title and Commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from 22nd June, 2017.
- Definitions.- In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “Act” means the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017);
(b) “FORM” means a Form appended to these rules;
(c) “section” means a section of the Act;
(d) “Special Economic Zone” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (za) of section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 (28 of 2005);
(e) words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act
shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
Continue Reading : Please Download the CGST Rules PDF (Updated)
- No centre-state wall: Officials handling GST can assess all
- Jurisdiction of taxpayer should not hamper GST enforcement action: CBIC
- All online goods will ‘eventually be subject to GST’
- Govt Of India Notification On Filling Annual Return Form GSTR 9
- Organised fan manufacturers seeks 12 per cent GST slab